“I don’t make things. I make things happen.”
I’m an eighties kid, born as Ronald Hans, nick-named Nalden. I dropped out of college to pursue my interests in web-technologies, design, and music. Now I’m trapped in an infinite loop to learn, un-learn & re-learn.
It all started when I built my first website. Which turned into blogging and went on for over a decade. It was my way of connecting, sharing and helping others. Although I’m not a designer nor developer, I always love to work with smart people to foster creativity and solve problems.
Today I’m leading product innovation at WeTransfer, the company I co-founded in 2009. In addition to creating companies, I sometimes invest in others. Mostly people-focused, design-driven products built by someone I admire.
- In 2000, I started blogging and went on for a decade.
- In 2006, I crashed & burned with Appletree Records.
- In 2009, I co-founded WeTransfer, a file-sharing service.
- In 2010, I co-founded Present Plus, a design studio.
- In 2014, I co-founded Present Plus Film, a film studio.
- In 2015, WeTransfer raised $25M in funding.
- In 2016, I co-founded Tossijn, a clothing brand.
- In 2016, Present Plus gets acquired by WeTransfer.
- In 2017, Tossijn opens its first shop in Amsterdam.
Here’s what people wrote at 99u, Courier Magazine, Forbes, Fast Company, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Venturebeat, Tech.eu, Financieel Dagblad, Green Soccer Journal, Volkskrant Magazine, Wired and Freunde von Freunden.
NewsletterEvery now & then I share my musings on people and life. I’ll try to make it entertaining and short. Subscribe here.
- FC Hyena, a cinema and petit-bistro combined.
- Kuvva, sends beautiful wallpapers to your desktop.
- Verified Pin, verify yourself offline. (Sold out)
- Who’s In, the easiest way to get together.
ContactWrite me an email or tweet out loud.