Nalden about Ronald about Hans.
I’m an 80’s kid born as Ronald Hans, nick-named Nalden. I dropped out of college to pursue my interests in technology, design and music. This is a biased summary of the past years.
Things started rolling when I built websites as a teenager. Which turned into blogging and went on for over a decade. Blogging was my way of learning, connecting, supporting, sharing & helping others.
In 2002 I launched a new advertising model to promote artists & brands on my blog, followed by other ventures such as WeTransfer in 2009 and Present Plus in 2010.
Next to creating or investing in companies, I’m a member of the Stedelijk Museum supervisory board.
It’s been a rollercoaster best described as the most valuable education I could get.
- In 2000, I started blogging and went on for a decade.
- In 2006, I crashed & burned with Appletree Records.
- In 2009, I co-founded WeTransfer, a file-sharing service.
- In 2010, I co-founded Present Plus, a design studio.
- In 2014, I co-founded Present Plus Film, a film studio.
- In 2015, WeTransfer raised $25M in funding.
- In 2016, I co-founded Tossijn, a fashion brand.
- In 2016, Present Plus was acquired by WeTransfer.
- In 2016, I co-founded FC Hyena, a boutique cinema & restaurant.
- In 2017, I joined the supervisory board of Stedelijk Museum.
99u, Parool, Courier Magazine, Forbes, Fast Company, TechCrunch, Business Insider, Venturebeat, Tech.eu, Financieel Dagblad, Green Soccer Journal, Volkskrant Magazine, Wired , the Drum.
I sometimes share what I’m excited about. I’ll try to make it entertaining and short. Subscribe or read previous letters here.
Kuvva, sends beautiful wallpapers to your desktop. Gallery 33, a creative space & gallery.
- One Minute Wonder, a series of video portraits.
Verified Pin, verify yourself offline. Amongst Friends, a sneak preview event. Who’s In, the easiest way to get together.
Write me an email or tweet out loud.